My first experience in game development was on BioShock 2 Multiplayer. The project was winding down at the time of my arrival so the work largely consisted of small concept jobs.
Sinclair Solutions Home Consumer Welcome Kit
Upon entering the lobby each player is greeted with a Sinclair Solutions Home Consumer Welcome Kit.
These images are development and approved, concepts of the kit and the Sinclair Solutions Logo.
Control Point Device
One of the BioShock 2 multiplayer game modes is a capture and hold competition. The parameters I was given to design the capture point were:
1. It must appear constructed or jury rigged from relatively common objects.
2. It must have some visual element that could change colour to represent which team currently had control.
3. It must include some form of speaker or sound device to announce which team currently had control.
4. It needed to appear mobile or relatively easily placed – not permanent.
5. It must be able to rotate or have a portion that can rotate.
I experimented fair bit on this device but in the end settled on a more manufactured appearance.
Load Screen Postcards
These postcards were the load screens for the namesake level about to be played. The task was to take screen shot compositions, create a postcard from the screenshots, age them and match them to the BioShock 2 design aesthetic.
BioShock © 2K Games 2012